Sunday, March 6, 2011

I Think I Have a Problem

I recently got my tax return as well as my bi-weekly paycheck, so I decided it was due time for a shopping trip. I recruited my best friend from work Mary Krusch to come with, considering we have the same addiction as well as very similar skin tones. She hasn't bought any new make-up since before her wedding/birth of her baby, so we deemed it necessary. We stopped into Sephora first, and went absolutely crazy. I've been desiring the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet Foundation for months, but I couldn't see myself spending $34 on a product I'm putting on my face in the morning, and washing off at night. But with a bit of peer pressure and some swatches on my face, I caved and bought not only the foundation but the water-resistant concealer from the line.

I haven't applied a full face of this glorious, precious liquid yet, but I will show my beautiful face when I do. What I've been struggling with foundations recently, is that by the end of the day, I just feel so greasy and my make-up tends to slide off. I'm hoping this will prove otherwise. 
We also obviously had to hit up the MAC Pro store, as Mary was extremely lacking in the Satin Taupe shade department. I was in need of some more Foundation Fix Plus Powder, but then I realized I was probably putting more product on my face than necessary so I consulted the cute employee. She suggested me using my foundation and concealer and setting it with the MAC Mineral Skin Finish, so I also caved:

I love the baked look of the product and how well it looks on my skin. I went with Light/Medium.

I've also been looking for a "Barbie pink" blush because I am so pale, and although it may look too overdone on other skin tones, it makes me look fresh faced and barely flushed. Kind of like the, just came in from sledding sort of look. So, it just so happens that the makeup consultant was wearing THE perfect shade that I was looking for. Obviously it was a MAC shade so she recommended it and I purchased it as well:

How pretty is that?!




Anyways, I'm pretty satisfied with my purchases, but my wallet is not. The end :)

Do you recommend anything else from Sephora or the MAC store that you've purchased recently?



3 comments:

  1. I love Make Up Forever! I used it all the time before all these Arbonne/Mary Kay parties started happening! I can't wait until I have money again so I can use it again! You make me so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Urban Decay Primer Potion that you helped me pick out! I got the nude shade. It helps my eye shadow pop and last forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Kate, I don't think I could afford Arbonne hahaha

    ReplyDelete