Monday, March 7, 2011

Sephora Needs To Get Their S*** Together.

I went to Sephora this weekend, and they have yet to disappoint me. I came home FULLY satisfied with my purchases the other night, then as I was opening up everything, I realized the Makeup Forever full coverage matte concealer I INTENDED on buying was not was in the box. What I had was a "lift concealer" made for undereye circles and dark spots. It was a very thin formula and NOT what I wanted at all. It's like comparing a tinted moisturizer to a full coverage foundation. I was NOT pleased. At first I thought, "Well, maybe the tester felt a little different in the store... Let's give this a try." Once again, NOT PLEASED. Yeah, I know. It's a white girl problem, but I paid $22! I wanted what I paid for!

So I called Mary, who came with me and bought the SAME EXACT product in the SAME shade, and she was so glad she figured out why the formula felt so different and wasn't as tacky as we originally tested it as.

This is what I bought:
And this is what I THOUGHT I was buying:


And yes, you may be thinking, "But ASHLEY! They look completely different. Are you blind?" But I assure you, the black boxes are almost identical. Picking up a black box with the #3 printed on it behind Tester #3, one would assume you were picking up what you wanted.

Oh well... Mary & I are venturing out to Sephora once again tonight. Because not only did it happen to ME, it happened to her. I'm glad to know that I am not that dumb. For real.

xo


2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA i literally hate when this happens. It happened to me when I tried to by lipstick from Kat Von Dee's line hahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it also sucks because the mall isn't just a few minutes away! Gr!!! But I got my product & I'm happy!!

    ReplyDelete