Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3 - Favorite Television Show

TGIF everyone! This is a favorite topic of mine. I don't watch television very often according to when the show actually airs. What I usually do is either watch it on Netflix or use another favorite site Hulu.com to watch seasons of television shows. For this topic, I will address two top television shows: my all-time fave and my current fave.

CURRENT FAVORITE: "True Blood"



I was weary and skeptic of this show when I would hear people rant and rave about it, but I became more keen to the idea of getting into it when I saw it on my boyfriend's download list of television seasons. I asked him if he had ever seen it, and he said he had only seen the first season. By that time, the second season had premiered on HBO, so we had some catching up to do if we were going to watch it. I can't say that I was completely hooked by the first episode, but I was definitely intrigued. I'm not going to be able to begin to describe what the first episode was about because it was all over the place... ha. BUT by the next episode, I was craving more each time. The grittiness of this show definitely makes it less lame than the Twilight series or other imitation vampire shows on basic cable. The realistic effects and plots also make it almost believable. I would never think that I would ever be addicted to a show about vampires, but I was wrong. As an ode to the show, I even dressed as the main character Sookie Stackhouse for Halloween ha!

ALL TIME FAVORITE: "The Office"



I remember when the British version of this show came out and my sister started watching it with a friend of hers. I didn't exactly get the sarcastic, awkward humor at first and I used to dread Thursday nights when the American version started showing on NBC. Not only could I not watch what I wanted to for a good hour, but I would have to deal with the endless laughter of my sister and her friend that resulted in watching this show. I don't know what made me change my mind about it, but once I started habitually watching it, I couldn't stop. To this day, I still cry when Jim and Pam's wedding episode is on television. I've developed a relationship with almost all of the characters on the show, past and present. The character development is fantastic and the writing is unique and different. I watch this show on Netflix almost every night before I go to bed. I highly suggest it.


Yay for the weekend!

xo!
with love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment