Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 16 & 17

TGIF!!!!

Day 16 - A Song That Makes You Cry (or nearly)

I don't know many songs that make me cry CONSISTENTLY. I've had moments in my car where a love song catches a soft spot in me while PMSing or something, or I've taken a song a bit too personally to my own life, ha. But usually, if I DO cry during a song, it's happy tears. I honestly can only think of "Mine" by Taylor Swift and "The Day Before You" by Rascal Flatts. Ha, I know. Lame.


Day 17 - An Art Piece (Drawing, Sculpture, Painting, etc)


I made this for my best friend for the day of her bridal shower so her guests would be able to somewhat 'sign in' when they arrived and leave something memorable for her to keep. It's in a frame, hung in her living room now, and it contains the fingerprints of everyone that were in attendance at her shower. I drew the tree by hand and then used some acrylic paint to fill in the tree and also follow the theme of her wedding invites with her & her now husband's initials "carved" into the tree.

Happy Friday loves.
xo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment